The interferometry lab is used to develop novel optical metrology instruments using coherent light sources in the visible and IR spectrum.
Single-shot hyperspectral interferometer
- Measures areal profiles on optically smooth and stepped surfaces for application where rapid data acquisition in non-cooperative environments is essential.
- Single-shot technique avoids mechanical and wavelength scanning typically employed in scanning white light interferometry instruments, therefore reducing the requirement for vibration isolation.
Photonic integrated circuit / waveguide test facility
- Test facility for evaluation of custom photonic chips and waveguides.
- Supports light coupling through end-face waveguides and top-face diffraction gratings.
- Digital control of MZI optical switches. SWIR laser light source and imaging.
- High-resolution 12.5x microscope with long working distance for visual inspection and alignment.
Motorized polarization controller
- Thorlabs' Motorized Fibre Polarization Controller is a 3 paddle-based polarization controller that use stress-induced birefringence within a fibre to dynamically control the output polarization state of light.
- Convert Between Linear, Circular, and Elliptical Polarization
- 0.12° minimum Step Size